November Favorites!

Thursday, December 04, 2014

Hi pretty little angels! I hope this Thursday finds you happy and well. I want to first say that I know this is a little late, as it's already the 4th of December, but my internet has been super spotty the past couple days and I haven't been able to get on to post this! So anyways...November is officially over, which I honestly can't believe! It was an incredible month, a great start to the holidays! I am so looking forward to the rest of December, though. It is one of my favorite months of the year, I just love the holiday season! All that aside, I wanted to share with you some products I've been loving throughout the month of November. So without further ado, here they are:





The first product I want to talk about the the philosophy Purity Made Simple all-in-one facial cleanser. So I have heard about this, for like..ever, but was always kind of skeptical about the "all-in-one" thing. But I saw a mini bottle at Ulta and thought I'd just give it a go. So glad I did, because gahhh, this is the ultimate. It seriously works wonders on my face. I have tried so many cleansers, and I always feel like they either dry me out or don't clean deep enough, or leave me with a strange waxy residue. This cleanser does none of the above. It gives a really deep clean, but leaves my skin feeling nourished, moisturized and refreshed. This cleanser effortlessly removes makeup, dirt and oil from the face, while the natural oils in it help condition the skin. It's fragrance free and gentle enough for all skin types, even those with really sensitive skin. You can even use this to clean your makeup brushes. It really is an all-in-one product, highly, HIGHLY recommended. I don't think I'll ever use another cleanser. This a new found holy grail for me!





The next one I want to mention is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit. This kit has been much raved about on beauty blogs and YouTube, and I've been craving it for a long time. I finally decided to just bite the bullet and buy it, and as you can see I've been using it 24/7. It contains six blendable shades including Java, Vanilla, Fawn, Havana, Banana and Sand. I love it because it's great for that super sculpted Kim Kardashian look or for a lighter, more subtle look. All the shades are wonderfully pigmented and blend like a dream! They never look muddy or harsh, either. It is so easy to use this palette, I'd recommend it for both experienced beauty lovers and beginners. I've tried a lot of different bronzers/highlighters to contour, but these are next level supreme to use! Bonus, you can even use these on your eyes to create a subtle brown contoured look!



Next up is the TooFaced Natural Eyes Palette. I've made this picture larger than the others so you can see both the outside and the individual shades. Let me preface this by saying that I have so many eye palettes and individual shades, and that I tend to gravitate towards neutral/natural shades. So I have tons and tons of nude/brown colors to choose from on a daily basis, but this palette is my go to. I've actually had this for a couple of months, but I waited to add it to a favorites because I thought that it was just kind of basic. But then I decided that this palette is seriously so useful, I had to share it. The nine shades included are: Heaven, Cashmere Bunny, Sexpresso, Silk Teddy, Push-Up, Erotica, Nudie, Honey Pot, & Chocolate Martini. I love it because there is a good mix of matte, shimmer, and glitter shades, so you can either go really classic and simple or glam it up for a special night out. My personal faves are Nudie, Cashmere Bunny and Push-Up. I combine them to make a really pretty nude smokey eye with just a touch of shimmer. I use this palette pretty much everyday, as you can see because it's all messy, but it is a total holy grail for me!




Another skincare item I wanted to mention is the yesto Tomatoes Daily Moisturizer and yesto Tomatoes Blemish Clearing Facial Towelettes. I'm including them together because they're from the same line, and it seemed silly to do it separately. This is again something I use almost everyday, and the best part is that they're from the drugstore! I think I got these at Target, and while they are on the pricier end of drugstore skincare, it's still reasonable. So these products are actually meant for acne prone skin, and even though I don't really have that problem, I do feel like they help whenever I do have a little blemish or breakout. I've definitely noticed having less since I started using them as well. I like the moisturizer because it's really light, and doesn't leave a waxy or sticky residue. A lot of times when I use moisturizer I feel like it leaves a film on my skin and makes my makeup slide around. This one doesn't do that but still leaves my skin feeling moisturized. The cleansing wipes are really great as well. The one bad thing about them is that they don't really do a great job of removing makeup, but then again that's not really what they're meant for. I only use these in the morning, because when I try to wash my face both in the morning and night I feel like it gets really dried out. These leave my skin feeling refreshed and clean without stripping it down. Using these together in the morning works really great for me, and I really recommend them!
\



Keeping with skincare, I wanted to mention the Aveda Shampure Composition Calming Aromatic Oil. This stuff is seriously liquid gold. There are so many ways to use this product, as body oil, in the bath, on the scalp, etc. What I really like to do with it is mix a few drops into just plain lotion (I have Lubriderm from my last tattoo) and put it all over, concentrating especially on my hands. It really just ups the game of the lotion and makes it super moisturizing. I have incredibly dry hands and I feel like this makes all the difference. I even will mix it with a heavier cream, slather that on my feet and wear socks to bed. It helps with the dryness, especially in the winter months. But like I said, you can really use this in a multitude of ways, I've even heard of people removing their makeup with it. And the scent is absolutely divine. I can't really describe what  it smells like, it's just absolutely yummy.



The last thing I want to mention is this Aveda Nourish-mint Lip Glaze in Mango Sheen. I am obsessed with this lipgloss. I am such a sucker for dark reds/cranberry/burgundy lips and this is such a pretty shade! It is a deeper red shade with some brown undertones, almost like a brick color. It goes on really well, and is easy to apply with the felt-tip applicator. It also has a slightly minty taste (not that I'm eating it, but you'll notice it!). The greatest thing is that it isn't sticky and it lasts forever. I like it because even after the glossy sheen kind of fades, the color stays put. I've worn it to work, eaten in it, etc and not had to retouch it at all. I absolutely love it, and it's such a pretty color for the fall/holidays!



So that's it for my November favorites! I can't believe it's already December but I'm really excited for this month!! It's going to be amazing, I can just feel it! Thanks for stopping by and let me know what you've been loving this month!!

Stay cheery, little loves!







You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Philosophy products are amazing! I really want to try something from the brand Anastasia and since I haven't got a contour kit yet... this sounds perfect!
    Aleeha xXx
    www.halesaaw.com

    ReplyDelete