bblogger

Ipsy Glam Bag Review! [November 2014]

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

 

  Hi lovelies! I hope you are all having a wonderful Wednesday and that you're doing well. So today I wanted to do another review for you, this time it'll be all about my Ipsy Glam Bag for the month of November. 

     This was probably my favorite box of the month, I absolutely loved it. If you don't know what Ipsy is, basically it is along the same lines as Birchbox or Beauty Box 5, where you subscribe monthly and receive a little bag with sample products inside. The great thing about Ipsy is that the bags the samples come in are totally reusable and really cute! You can use them as travel makeup bags or keeping your essentials for a beach day, etc. This month the theme was "Girl Meets Glitter" and it definitely delivered. The bag was a really cute silver sparkly case, that I will definitely be using again. But enough about that, let's get onto the goods!




TEMPTU S/B Highlighter- So I have previously received a different TEMPTU Highlighter in another box, which I was not a fan of...so when I saw this one in the bag I was disappointed and not really excited about it. I decided to give it a go anyway, and I'm really glad I did! This is a liquid highlighter which glides on really easily and blends really well. I like how well it reflects light and adds a nice sheen, but it's too glittery or shimmery. I am enjoying it so much, I have used it every day this week, and have gotten a lot of compliments on it. It really just adds that healthy glow without being too much. I am really happy about this product, so I'm giving it a 5/5.

Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Volume Shine Hairspray- I wasn't a huge fan of this hairspray, as I felt that it dried really hard and left my hair kind of crunchy. I ran my fingers through the hair after using it, which helped a little bit. I was surprised to see that on Ipsy's reviews many people thought that the hold was too soft, while I needed a lighter hold. It could be because I don't have very coarse hair, or I just generally don't use hairspray very much. Also, as I mentioned in my last post, I'm kind of wary of anything with "Moroccan Oil" or "Argan Oil" in the title. I'm still in the process of researching the ingredients in this, though, so I don't have much to say about that. In ay case, I do think that it is pretty good for shine, it added a nice sheen without looking wet or greasy. Another plus is that it smells really good! I don't think I'd buy this product, it wasn't a total miss. I'll give it a 3/5.

Be a....Bombshell Eye Base in Submissive- This is so pretty, like so so pretty! I was really excited to try it out and I can say that I am a fan of it. The color look kind of dark in the pot but goes on as this really nice metallic almost rose-gold color. The great thing about this is that you can just pop a bit on if you're in a hurry and just want a wash of color or you can layer it and build up the color for a more intense look. Plus, the staying power is really good, it lasted all day and didn't crease! I am loving this and really looking forward to trying new looks with it! I'm giving it a 5/5.

Elizabeth Mott you're so FINE Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Glitterati- So I have so many black eyeliners, so when I first saw this, I wasn't hugely excited. I swatched it out and tried it on my eyes, and I'm still not overwhelmed by the product. I like that it has a bit of sparkle in it, which is really nice for the holidays. That being said, I found the brush to be kind of hard to control and it is rather difficult to get a precise line without using Q-tips and remover. I probably wouldn't buy it, but I'll use it. I'm giving it a 3/5.

J.Cat Beauty Wonder Lip Paint in Red Potion- I LOVE THIS STUFF. It is probably my favorite in the bag. The color is so rich and nice for fall, it is definitely a statement color, but I am so into it. I've been wearing all week and will probably do so until I run out. I know some people got a different color, so Red Potion is a dark wine/burgundy color, which I am in love with right now. I was kind of hoping for the Mad Splatter color, but I am diggin this one. I will most definitely be buying these. And they are so affordable, I think it's about $5, give or take. And they have a bunch of really cool colors I want to try. The only complaint I have is that it is a little difficult to apply, I had to use a lip brush, instead of just applying it from the tube. Tried that, and it was a disaster! I thought it was going to be so annoying to reapply later in the day, but I didn't have to! I applied it around 10am and it lasted until about 5pm with no reapplication. All in all I am really impressed! I'm giving it a 4/5.


Overall Review- Like I said before, this was my favorite subscription box this month. I got three products that I love and even the other two were still good. There was nothing I hated. I am overall really happy about this month, plus the glam bag it all came in is so cute! I have nothing but good things to say! I totally felt that I got my money's worth this month, which is always a good feeling! I can't wait for next month! I'm giving the bag as a whole a 4/5.

Thank you so much for checking out my review, I hope you enjoyed it! I'll be posting later in the week, not sure what about, it'll be a surprise! I truly hope you all have a lovely lovely day/week!

Stay beautifuller, my pretties!


You Might Also Like

0 comments